Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Weekly Nature Challenge #4..... And Cool Wildlife Sightings!

Happy fall y'all! I hope you are having a great fall so far. I sure am! I mean, all those migrating birds you guys - so many new ones to identify... I thought I might tell about two cool wildlife sightings I saw. (I won't be posting the pics until I my phone gets full though.) Drumroll please..... A fox and a moose - all in the same day!!! Believe it or not, this actually only the second time I've seen one, despite the fact that I live in Colorado. This one was a big male, and we saw him in the neighbor's yard right across the fence. I was really impressed by his size! We see quite a few foxes, although it was still a cool sighting. Wildflowers the deer and her shyer twin, Columbine, who by now has lost her spots and some of her shyness, are doing well. The bold twin, Daisy.... not so much. Unfortunately, she disappeared. Part of being a deer is that their are always lots of predators. At least someone got a good meal.... Anyway, onto the Nature Challenge!

Weekly (kind of..... not really) Nature Challenge #4
Daily Wildlife List!
I tried recording wildlife for a week....oof. Daily works much better, plus, you can skip a day if you want. A young naturalist I know very well (let's call him Vin) keeps a Wildlife Observation Notebook, and he is probably a LOT better at writing in it every day then I am. Here is page out of it: 

Day 27 Sep. 2020
 Nuthatch, chickadee, squirrel. (Sketches of a nuthatch chickadee, and squirrel.) 

Chickadees are often in bird parties. (Note, Vin and I call it a bird party when multiple species of birds stay flock together in the same area for a short to medium amount of time)

Nuthatches often hack away at trees.

Great, right? He is only seven, so I was impressed. Anyway, I hope that inspires you and gives you some ideas, so until next time everyone! Happy wildlife watching!

-Lili

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Photos

Fall is a beautiful time of year! The leaves change from green to beautiful shades of red, orange, yellow, and purple. A perfect chance for ...